|Posted on 23 June, 2019 at 0:55|
2019 Year End - James Top Tips
1. Donations are deductible at year end with no maximum amount refunded at 33%
2. Dividends should be declared to clear any overdrawn shareholder current accounts (DWT due 20 April 2019).
3. Shareholdings should be reviewed to ensure they allow for shareholder salaries to be declared to all individuals working in a family business.
4. Call us if your business is going to make losses to discuss loss offset options.
5. Opt ins are required before 31 March for Ratio and AIMs provisional tax options.
6. End of financial year is a good time to change accounting software.
7. GST filing frequency can be changed before 31 March - 1, 2, or 6 monthly options are available.
8. Review property portfolios, bright-line test dates, mortgage renewal dates, rent levels, and landlord compliance.